Wednesday 9 January 2013

Friend or Foe





For eleven years I nurtured the core of your spirit from the palms of your hands to the tips of your toes.

 I know better than to think we could ever co-exist peacefully as distant lovers. I must ask you why are so frightened of me?

What have I done so terribly that makes you question the darkness of my soul and the stench of my heart.

I've wanted nothing more than to watch you shape and grow into the person you've so longed to be, and just when I'm ready to give into you, you slowly back away.

So, I must ask you, are you afraid of taking responsibility for what you have the potential to be.  Why can't you do something with your music. You produced about four tracks in the past ten years that Ive known you. Why haven't you cultivated it anymore than adding a few more elements to the beats you already have.

Maybe you're afraid it won't be good enough for others, or maybe you're afraid it won't be good enough for you.

All I ask is that you believe in yourself and understand that others are not here to take you out but pave the way so that you may fulfill your destiny.

Your fear of ridicule prohibits you from experiencing anything true.

You drain the truth out of everything around you with your masked lies and unreliable self.

Was anything between us ever real or are you still a complete stranger to me?

You made me feel like my flaws were just a part of who I am, nothing to be mistaken for something that should be altered.

You told me that I hold all of the power in mind to change the world, and just for a moment I believed you.

I believed you when you told me when you told me that I was on top of the world.

I thought I wouldn't be able to go trhough life without you, but now that I've made adecision to leave you, I feel stronger than ever.

Because, now I know that everything about us was only an ilusion, and because I realize fairy tales don't really exsist, there's no need to get false hopes.

The more I write about you, the more you become just a mere figment of my imagination.

It's easier to compartmentalize these fantasies I have of you on the back of shelves in my mind.

Don't ever wish upon our friendship again for you do not know how to handle love.

You've used everyone around you and eventually life will use you; that's what it does to people who abuse their power.

You play the game well but you dont play fair my dear.

And the day will come when you will lose the battle to your better half, sinking to the depths of your misery, trying to put back the pieces to your lifeless soul.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great!! Glad I could help.