Saturday 24 July 2010

The way we are

I never realized how much I hated him until someone said his name. I don't even love him so why does it hurt so much. Well at least I'm not in love with him.

He beat all the sadness out of me. Everything I worked hard to become was long lost way before we even met. With that being say, I absolutely detest everything he stands for.

I'm sure every woman has struggled in relationships. We fall in love so quickly and then wake up with these unimaginable feelings of emptiness. Deep inside our hearts, we believe he was the one but then there's that tiny little voice inside of us saying "You can do better than him." Most of us ignore this voice in fear of being alone. Some of us don't want to start over and most of us believe we'll never find another as sensitive and understanding as he. Well, I say risk it! Ladies, we must not only learn to internalize our feelings but understand them as well.

Why are we so afraid of being alone? Doesn't the solitary life you lead as a single woman evoke the same kind of sadness you feel from being with a man that doesn't love you? Most of us decide to put up with it anyway, and then we develop this cynical outlook on life. Is it healthy for us?Is this why we're incapable of loving ourselves or is it why so many others fall short of loving us?

No comments: